The purpose of the Certificate in Business is to provide the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to succeed in business.
Upon completing the Certificate in Business, students will be able to
- Articulate and demonstrate their personal employment related knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Evaluate the impact of various economic systems and policies.
- Summarize, record, analyze, interpret and communicate accounting and financial information for decision making.
- Devise, implement and evaluate managerial decisions, actions and outcomes.
- Apply technology to aid in communications and decision making.
- Present research, data, analysis and conclusions through written and oral means.
- Describe the changing landscape of the global market and it's impact on the United States.
- Summarize the impact of social, ethical, legal and diversity issues within contemporary business.
- Develop business, financial, and marketing plans for established and emerging businesses.
A minimum of 30 total credits chosen from the following categories:
Program Requirements21 Units (Credits)
|ACC 135||Bookkeeping I||3|
|or ACC 201*||Financial Accounting|
|BUS 101||Introduction to Business||3|
|IS 101||Introduction to Information Systems||3|
|MGT 201||Principles of Management||3|
|MKT 210||Marketing Principles||3|
Electives (Choose six units from the following)6 Units (Credits)
Any Accounting, Business, Economis, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Management, Marketing, or Real Estate Course
General Education Requirements9 Units (Credits)
Recommended: BUS 107, BUS 108 OR ENG101*,ENG102*; must be a writing course
*Recommended for students who plan to enroll in a bachelor's degree program.
Suggested Course Sequence
Program Requirements: 30 Credits. Please see a counselor or academic advisor for more information.
First Semester: 15 Credits
|ACC 135 or ACC 201||3|
|BUS 107 or ENG 101||3|
|IS 101 or IS 201||3|
Second Semester: 15 Credits
|BUS 108 or ENG 102||3|
|BUS 109 or MATH 120||3|