Student Learning Outcomes:
The Business Certificate of Achievement provides students with knowledge and skills for employment in a wide variety of occupations in the field of business.
Upon completing the Certificate in Business, students will be able to
- Articulate and demonstrate their personal employment related knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Evaluate the impact of various economic systems and policies.
- Summarize, record, analyze, interpret and communicate accounting and financial information for decision making.
- Devise, implement and evaluate managerial decisions, actions and outcomes.
- Apply technology to aid in communications and decision making.
- Present research, data, analysis and conclusions through written and oral means.
- Describe the changing landscape of the global market and it's impact on the United States.
- Summarize the impact of social, ethical, legal and diversity issues within contemporary business.
- Develop business, financial, and marketing plans for established and emerging businesses.
A minimum of 30 total credits chosen from the following categories:
Program Requirements21 Units (Credits)
|ACC 135||Bookkeeping I||3|
|or ACC 201*||Financial Accounting|
|BUS 101||Introduction to Business||3|
|IS 101||Introduction to Information Systems||3|
|MGT 201||Principles of Management||3|
|MKT 210||Marketing Principles||3|
Electives (Choose six units from the following)6 Units (Credits)
Any Accounting, Business, Economis, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Management, Marketing, or Real Estate Course
General Education Requirements9 Units (Credits)
Recommended: BUS 107, BUS 108 OR ENG101*,ENG102*; must be a writing course
*Recommended for students who plan to enroll in a bachelor's degree program.
Suggested Course Sequence
Program Requirements: 30 Credits. Please see a counselor or academic advisor for more information.
First Semester: 15 Credits
|ACC 135 or ACC 201||3|
|BUS 107 or ENG 101||3|
|IS 101 or IS 201||3|
Second Semester: 15 Credits
|BUS 108 or ENG 102||3|
|BUS 109 or MATH 120||3|