The mission of Institutional Research and Effectiveness at Western Nevada College is to foster a culture of evidence by facilitating the management, analysis, reporting and use of data and information in support of planning, assessment and decision-making.
Our Main Activities
- Support institutional efforts in strategic planning and assessing institutional effectiveness.
- Support academic and student services departments and functions in assessing, improving and reporting on the effectiveness of their programs.
- Serve as an official data provider to the state of Nevada, the federal government and other external entities.
- Administer student satisfaction and alumni surveys and support the analysis of student ratings of class instruction.
- Conduct special analyses on issues of importance to the college community.
- Serve as WNC’s central point of contact for institutional data requests.
In an effort to be as cost-effective as possible, Western Nevada College and Great Basin College share IRE services so that our staff work half-time for each college.