Institutional Research and Effectiveness
Mission and Goals
The mission of Institutional Research and Effectiveness at Western Nevada College is to foster a culture of evidence by facilitating the management, analysis, reporting and use of data and information in support of planning, assessment and decision-making.
- Provide institutional research data and data analysis to departments and units throughout the college community.
- Fulfill institutional reporting requirements of state and federal agencies including the NSHE, The Integrated Post-Secondary Education Data System (IPEDS), and the Nevada State Department of Education.
- Organize and conduct the student course evaluation process throughout the academic year.
- Provide institutional assessment results and analysis to administrative units, academic departments, and offices providing student support services.
- Serve as consultants to other college offices, departments, and individuals on institutional data collection and analysis matters, and provide assistance whenever possible.
- Coordinate and provide support for the administrative assessment process throughout the academic year.
- Maintain a website containing up-to-date institutional data and data analysis.
- Maintain the highest professional standards of accuracy, objectivity, and timeliness.