The Nursing and Allied Health Division at WNC offers an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Nursing and courses in Emergency Medical services, Laboratory Technician, and Nursing Assistant. The mission of the division is to prepare students for transfer to four-year colleges and/or to provide them with the knowledge they need for their careers.Learn about the Nursing Admission / Selection Process
Students enrolled in the following courses/programs are required to carry major medical health insurance:
- Associate Degree Nursing Program: For more information about admission into the nursing program, visit the Nursing Program Degree page
- NURS 130 Nursing Assistant: For more information about admission into the Certified Nursing Assistant program, visit the Certified Nursing Assistant page
- EMS 108 Emergency Medical Technician – Basic
- EMS 112 Emergency Medical Technician – Intermediate 85
It is the responsibility of the student to maintain major medical insurance while enrolled in these courses/program. The student’s failure to maintain major medical health insurance while enrolled in these courses/program will result in the student’s administrative dismissal from the course/program.
Please be aware that the process for enrolling in CNA, EMS and LTE classes has changed and it may take two to three weeks to complete. Please begin the enrollment process early. Please read all the information carefully and once you get to the mystudentcheck website pick Western Nevada College – CNA EMS LTE – IMMUNIZATION ONLY not Background Check unless told otherwise by the Office of Nursing.
*Note: Fallon students must contact the CNA program before starting the enrollment process. (775) 445-3296
Certified Nursing Assistant – Enrollment Guide
EMS / Phlebotomy – Enrollment Guide
HESI Assessment Information
The HESI A2 admission assessment test appointments are now available.
To make your payment please go to the information packet below and follow the instructions on how to create your Evolve account, register for the HESI and pay the fee of $39.
There is a maximum time limit of four (4) hours to complete this exam and you may take it only once during the Spring 2017 semester. Due to the high demand of this exam we cannot reschedule an appointment. There will be no refunds so please chose your dates carefully.
Once you have made your payment, email or bring your proof of payment to email@example.com. Western Nevada College, Cedar Building Room 101, Carson City NV 89703. Dates available will be Friday February 3, 10, 17, 24 and March 3, 10, 17, 31. Please sign up as soon as possible as spaces are limited and are on a first come first serve basis.
Please make sure that you have the following information available to schedule your exam. Name, email address, phone number, NSHE ID #, and date exam required.
Once your exam is scheduled you will receive a confirmation email with full information regarding your HESI entrance exam and with answers to frequently asked questions.HESI Student Payment Information
Files and Downloads
- Carson Tahoe Regional Healthcare Student Orientation Guide [ PDF / 4.5 MB ]
- Carson Tahoe Regional Medical Center Seasonal Flu Previously Vaccinated/Declination Form [ PDF / 60 KB ]
- Nursing Student Handbook 2016-17 [ PDF / 375 KB ]
- Phlebotomy Course Information [ PDF / 48 KB ]
- Immunization Checklist – CNA [ PDF / 247 KB ]
- Immunization Checklist – EMS [ PDF / 246 KB ]
- Immunization Checklist – LTE [ PDF / 248 KB ]
Nursing & Allied Health Programs:
|Code||Nursing and Allied Health|
|CL||Certified Nursing Assistant|
|CL||Emergency Medical Services|
Courses in the Nursing & Allied Health division:
|Community Health Sciences (CHS)|
|Emergency Medical Services (EMS)|
|Laboratory Technician (LTE)|