The Nursing and Allied Health Division at WNC offers an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Nursing and courses in Emergency Medical services, Laboratory Technician, and Nursing Assistant. The mission of the division is to prepare students for transfer to four-year colleges and/or to provide them with the knowledge they need for their careers.
Students enrolled in the following courses/programs are required to carry major medical health insurance:
- Associate Degree Nursing Program: For more information about admission into the nursing program, visit the Nursing Program Degree page
- NURS 130 Nursing Assistant: For more information about admission into the Certified Nursing Assistant program, visit the Certified Nursing Assistant page
- EMS 108 Emergency Medical Technician – Basic
- EMS 112 Emergency Medical Technician – Intermediate 85
It is the responsibility of the student to maintain major medical insurance while enrolled in these courses/program. The student’s failure to maintain major medical health insurance while enrolled in these courses/program will result in the student’s administrative dismissal from the course/program.
Please be aware that the process for enrolling in CNA, EMS and LTE classes has changed and it may take two to three weeks to complete. Please begin the enrollment process early. Please read all the information carefully and once you get to the mystudentcheck website pick Western Nevada College – CNA EMS LTE – IMMUNIZATION ONLY not Background Check unless told otherwise by the Office of Nursing.
*Note: Fallon students must contact the CNA program before starting the enrollment process. (775) 445-3296
Academic Skills Test
The Academic Skills Test for the 2016-17 selection criteria, for entrance into the nursing program for fall 2017, will be the Health Education Systems Incorporated (HESI) Admission Assessment examination. Students must complete the HESI exam at WNC during the spring 2017 semester to be considered for admission for the fall 2017 nursing program.
There will be no minimum score required on any areas of the HESI exam for the fall 2017 nursing program admission. Students will be given 0 – 4 points depending on their overall score.
Further information regarding the HESI exam and dates it will be offered will be posted by the end of fall 2016 semester.
Files and Downloads
- Carson Tahoe Regional Healthcare Student Orientation Guide [ PDF / 7.9 MB ]
- Carson Tahoe Regional Medical Center Seasonal Flu Previously Vaccinated/Declination Form [ PDF / 60 KB ]
- Instructions for Enrollment for CNA/EMS/LTE – Immunization Only [ PDF / 171 KB ]
- Nursing Student Handbook 2016-17 [ PDF / 375 KB ]
- Phlebotomy Course Information [ PDF / 48 KB ]
- Immunization Checklist – CNA [ PDF / 192 KB ]
- Immunization Checklist EMS [ PDF / 195 KB ]
- Immunization Checklist LTE [ PDF / 192 KB ]
Nursing & Allied Health Programs:
= Programs and Degrees that can be completed entirely online.
|Code||Nursing and Allied Health|
|CL||Certified Nursing Assistant|
|CL||Emergency Medical Services|
Courses in the Nursing & Allied Health division:
|Community Health Sciences (CHS)|
|Emergency Medical Services (EMS)|
|Laboratory Technician (LTE)|