The Nursing and Allied Health Division at WNC offers an Associate of Applied Science Degree in Nursing and courses in Emergency Medical services, Laboratory Technician, and Nursing Assistant. The mission of the division is to prepare students for transfer to four-year colleges and/or to provide them with the knowledge they need for their careers.
Students enrolled in the following courses/programs are required to carry major medical health insurance:
- Associate Degree Nursing Program: For more information about admission into the nursing program, visit the Nursing Program Degree page
- NURS 130 Nursing Assistant: For more information about admission into the Certified Nursing Assistant program, visit the Certified Nursing Assistant page
- EMS 108 Emergency Medical Technician – Basic
- EMS 112 Emergency Medical Technician – Intermediate 85
It is the responsibility of the student to maintain major medical insurance while enrolled in these courses/program. The student’s failure to maintain major medical health insurance while enrolled in these courses/program will result in the student’s administrative dismissal from the course/program.
Please be aware that the process for enrolling in CNA, EMS and LTE classes has changed and it may take two to three weeks to complete. Please begin the enrollment process early. Please read all the information carefully and once you get to the mystudentcheck website pick Western Nevada College – CNA EMS LTE – IMMUNIZATION ONLY not Background Check unless told otherwise by the Office of Nursing.
Note: The admission testing for nursing for Fall 2016 will be the HESI admission assessment exam. Further information will be posted at a later date.
*Note: Fallon students must contact the CNA program before starting the enrollment process. (775) 445-3296
Files and Downloads
- Carson Tahoe Regional Healthcare Student Orientation Guide [ PDF / 7.9 MB ]
- Carson Tahoe Regional Medical Center Seasonal Flu Previously Vaccinated/Declination Form [ PDF / 60 KB ]
- Instructions for Enrollment for CNA/EMS/LTE – Immunization Only [ PDF / 171 KB ]
- Nursing Student Handbook 2014-15 [ PDF / 375 KB ]
- Phlebotomy Course Information [ PDF / 48 KB ]
- Immunization Checklist – CNA [ PDF / 192 KB ]
- Immunization Checklist EMS [ PDF / 195 KB ]
- Immunization Checklist LTE [ PDF / 192 KB ]
Courses in the Nursing & Allied Health division:
|Community Health Sciences (CHS)|
|Emergency Medical Services (EMS)|
|Laboratory Technician (LTE)|