Jack C. Davis Observatory
Saturday Night Star Party Lecture Topics
The Jack C Davis Observatory hosts free star parties every Saturday night year round, starting at sunset (except when there is snow on the roads). The evening starts with a lecture on one of numerous topics (see below) and then concludes with guided star viewing by one of our astronomers.
Star Party Schedule
For more information, please contact Mike Thomas at 775-857-3033 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Robert Collier at 775-250-0294 (weekends only).
Lecture topics have included:
- Alexander the Great
- A Tour of the Universe
- Celestial Wonders
- Star Trek
- The Trojan War
- Greatest Discoveries in 400 Years of Astronomy
- The Voyagers
- Hubble Space Telescope Images
- Top Ten Recent Astronomy Stories
- Galileo the Astronomer
- Jules Verne, the father of Science Fiction
- Isaac Newton
- Space Art
- Kaguya, Japan Goes to the Moon
- 2001 A Space Odyssey
- Lord Horatio Nelson, Admiral of the Seas
- A Giant Step The story of America's journey to the Moon. Two 50 Min lectures.
- Jack C. Davis Observatory Astrophotography
- Omega Centauri, King of the Star Clusters
- Flash Gordon
- 2012, The End of the World?
- Killer Asteroids from Outer Space
- NASA-Project Mercury
- Leonardo da Vinci
- Wyatt Earp, The Legend