The purpose of coordinating all private fundraising activities through one office is five fold:
- Provide a continuity of message in building understanding and support for collegewide funding needs;
- To avoid conflict and duplication of effort in the fundraising contact program;
- To maximize the contribution from each potential donor.
- To provide a complete accounting and audit trail of all monies donated to the college.
- To ensure that no other fundraising efforts compete with the priorities established by the Western Nevada College Foundation in support of the college.