Western Nevada College Specialty Crop Institute is an innovative
program to provide training for alternative farming methods and crops for Nevada’s high-desert climate. The program’s goals are to expand and diversify Nevada agriculture. Training includes business planning and classroom lectures with on-farm experiences. Instructors are selected on a local and national basis to include the best of industry experts, successful producers, and educators.
- July 25 – Lavender Distillation Workshop – Yerington – Details
- September 30 – Conservation Biological Control Short Course (Natural pest management) with Xerces Society – Carson City– Details TBA
Additional workshops are being planned. Check back for updates. Contact project direct Ann Louhela to receive notifications of future workshops.
- For a list of past workshops, visit our Previous Workshops page
- Grant Opportunities
- 2016 Walker River Producer Grant
- Nevada Small Business Development Center Walker Basin Micro-Grant
Projects of the WNC Specialty Crop Institute are made possible with funding from the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation.