Disability Support Services
Eligibility for Services
Eligibility will be determined on the basis of the presence of a disability and a need for services and accommodations to support an equal educational opportunity.
- It is the student's responsibility to contact the Disability Support Services (DSS) office and to provide current and appropriate documentation of your disability in order to qualify for academic accommodations.
- The documentation must be a statement from a doctor, psychologist, psychiatrist, audiologist, physiatrist, or other qualified professional which meets the standards for indicating the presence of a disability, in accordance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- Any and all information shared will be kept Confidential unless the student authorizes release and exchange of specific information.
- Services cannot be provided until this documentation is submitted and approved by the ADA/DSS Coordinator.
- Students must request services each semester they attend WNC.