Anyone who resided in Nevada on April 1 should be counted in the 2020 Census. Funding for our state and seats in the House of Representatives are among the important reasons to be counted.
WHEN: through April 30
HOW: Go to census.nv.gov to fill out your form OR to your local public library
1. Money Back To Your Community. Nevada could receive more than $20,000 over 10 years for every man, woman and child who is counted in the 2020 Census. This funding helps pay for education, affordable housing, healthcare and infrastructure in YOUR city and county.
2. Easy To Fill Out. There are three ways you can ensure you get counted: online, over the phone, or on a paper mail-in form.
3. Don’t Give Our Fair Share Away. Every Nevadan not counted means we lose our share of federal funding to other states.
4. We’ve Always Done It This Way. The Census is part of U.S. history. We’ve been doing it since 1790.
5. One-Person-One-Vote. The Census ensures fair and equitable representation through elected officials.
6. It’s Our Civic Duty. The Census is mandated by the U.S. Constitution to count EVERYONE living in the United States.
7. It’s Our Future. The results of the 2020 census will help shape Nevada’s future for the next ten years – we cannot afford to miss the opportunity to be counted.
8. Nevada Matters. Be Counted. Help Your Community. You are important and being counted means helping maintain and improve roads, education, health care, and public safety where you live.
Note: Provided by the 2020 Nevada Statewide Census Complete Count Committee