- Name: Payroll & Employee Benefit Accounting
- Division: Career & Technical Education
- Discipline: Accounting
- Units (Credits): 3.00
- Course Attributes:
- May not transfer towards an NSHE bachelor's degree
- Non-applicable toward AA, AB or AS Degrees
I. Catalog Course Description
Prerequisites: ACC135,ACC201 or equivalent work experience
Introduces payroll and employee benefit reporting to federal state, and local government agencies. Includes an overview of federal and state labor laws and specialized reporting requirements including both manual and computerized payroll accounting systems.
II: Course Objectives
This course introduces payroll and employee benefit reporting to federal, state and local government agencies. Includes an overview of federal and state labor laws and specialized reporting requirements including both manual and computerized payroll accounting systems.
- Enable the student to learn applicable federal and state laws and regulations related to payroll and employee benefits.
- Enable the student to gain experience in recording payroll transactions and preparation of payroll reports in both a manual and computerized setting.
III: Course Linkage
This class meets a requirement for the following programs: AAS-Accounting Emphasis, and Accounting Technician Certificate of Achievement.
ACC 180 addresses the following Student Learning Objectives of ensuring that students are able to demonstrate that they:
- Know the subject matter to a level appropriate for the emphasis of their degree.
- Have developed the managerial and interpersonal skills necessary to succeed in the current business environment.
Scheduled ACC-180 classes:
There are currently no ACC-180 classes scheduled for this term.