- Name: Managerial Accounting
- Discipline: Accounting
- Units (Credits): 3
- Transfer Information: (Courses with numbers 100 to 299) This course is designed to apply toward a WNC degree and/or transfer to other schools within the Nevada System of Higher Education, depending on the degree chosen and other courses completed. It may transfer to colleges and universities outside Nevada. For information about how this course can transfer and apply to your program of study, please contact a counselor.
- Academic Division: Career and Technical Education
- Prerequisites: ACC 201
I: Catalog Course Description
Introduces the basic principles of management accounting including manufacturing and cost accounting, budgeting, accounting for management decision-making, and financial statement analysis.
II: Course Objectives
This course introduces the basic principles of management accounting including manufacturing and cost accounting, budgeting, accounting for management decision-making, and financial statement analysis.
- To provide information in the areas of Economics and Accounting that is vital to all those who are to participate in the business world.
- To develop an understanding and appreciation of accounting principles and practices for general, vocational, and professional purposes.
- To provide an introduction to managerial accounting including cost accounting, budgeting, managerial decision-making, and financial statement analysis.
III: Course Linkage
This class meets a requirement for the following programs: AAS-Accounting Emphasis, AAS- General Business Emphasis, AAS- Management Emphasis, AAS- Office Technology, AAS- Real Estate Emphasis and Accounting Technician Certificate of Achievement.
ACC 202 addresses the following Student Learning Objectives of ensuring that students are able to demonstrate that they:
- Know the subject matter to a level appropriate for the emphasis of their degree.
- Have developed the managerial and interpersonal skills necessary to succeed in the current business environment.