- Name: Introduction to Quickbooks
- Division: Career & Technical Education
- Discipline: Accounting
- Units (Credits): 3.00
- Course Attributes:
- May not transfer towards an NSHE bachelor's degree
- Non-applicable toward AA, AB or AS Degrees
I. Catalog Course Description
Prerequisites: ACC135 or consent of instructor
Introduces students to QuickBooks accounting program and computerized accounting. The student will receive hands-on training in the use of QuickBooks using fictitious case studies.
II: Course Objectives
Computerized Accounting with QuickBooks is designed to introduce students to the QuickBooks accounting program and how it handles sales and receivables, purchases and payables, general accounting, and end-of-period reporting.
- Gain factual knowledge about QuickBooks accounting program and how it handles sales and receivables, purchases and payables, general accounting, and end-of-period reporting.
- Apply knowledge of the program to account for both service and merchandising businesses.
- Apply knowledge of the program to handle payroll procedures and reporting.
III: Course Linkage
This class meets a requirement for the following programs: AAS-Accounting Emphasis, and Accounting Technician Certificate of Achievement.
ACC 223 addresses the following Student Learning Objectives of ensuring that students are able to demonstrate that they:
- Know the subject matter to a level appropriate for the emphasis of their degree.
- Have developed the managerial and interpersonal skills necessary to succeed in the current business environment.