- Name: Governmental Accounting
- Division: Career & Technical Education
- Discipline: Accounting
- Units (Credits): 3.00
I. Catalog Course Description
Introduces accounting and reporting for government and non-profit entities. Includes study of fund and budget accounts of local governmental units, revenues, appropriations, disbursements and assessments.
II: Course Objectives
This course includes accounting and reporting for governmental and non-profit entities. Includes study of fund and budget accounts of local governmental units, revenues, appropriations, disbursements, and assessments.
- To introduce the basic principles of governmental accounting, including fund accounting, the budgetary process, and the accounting cycle.
- To introduce the provisions of GASB Statement No. 34 and its impact on state and local government accounting.
III: Course Linkage
This class meets a requirement for the following programs: AAS-Accounting Emphasis, AAS- Applied Accounting Emphasis, and Accounting Technician Certificate of Achievement.
ACC 261 addresses the following Student Learning Objectives of ensuring that students are able to demonstrate that they:
- Know the subject matter to a level appropriate for the emphasis of their degree.
- Have developed the managerial and interpersonal skills necessary to succeed in the current business environment.