- Name: Mechatronics: Programmable Logic Controllers
- Division: Career & Technical Education
- Discipline: Applied Industrial Technology
- Units (Credits): 3.00
- Course Attributes:
- May not transfer towards an NSHE bachelor's degree
- Non-applicable toward AA, AB or AS Degrees
I. Catalog Course Description
3 units Prerequisite or Corequisite: AIT 252
Covers the fundamentals of digital logic and an introduction to programmable logic controllers (PLCs) in a complex mechatronic system. Students will learn the role PLCs play within a mechatronic system or subsystem; students will explore basic elements of PLC functions by writing and testing programs to control them. Course teaches students how to identify malfunctioning PLCs, as well as to apply troubleshooting strategies to identify and localize problems caused by PLC hardware.
Scheduled AIT-253 classes:
There are currently no AIT-253 classes scheduled for this term.