I. Catalog Course Description
Explores visual forms and contemporary concepts through a variety of media, presentations and discussions.
II. Course Objectives and Linkage to General Education Program
The information in the parentheses after a course objective refers to the specific general education (GE) learning outcome that the objective meets. Objectives without this information are not linked to WNC’s general education program. Upon completion of the course students will have demonstrated they can:
- Demonstrate working knowledge of key design concepts, principles, themes, and major content areas needed to explain and solve design problems. (GE 1)
- Locate, evaluate, and appropriately use information from multiple resources to complete design projects. (GE 4)
- Use critical thinking and creativity to select and apply design principles and ideas suitable for solving significant contemporary or enduring problems. (GE 6)
- Utilize various art media.
- Appreciate the relationship between form and content.
- Expand their sense of experimentation and imagination.