I. Catalog Course Description
Introduces printmaking processes emphasizing relief, intaglio, lithographic, and screen processes.
II: Course Objectives
- To introduce some of the materials, tools and processes fundamental to the discipline.
- Develop specific skills related to art and specific to the discipline of printmaking.
- Learn to apply course material to improve idea-development and problem-solving related to two-dimensional art forms.
- Acquire an interest in learning more by asking questions and seeking answers.
III: Course Linkage
The mission of the AA Degree Program in Fine Arts is to provide knowledge and skills for creative expression, personal enrichment, and the foundation for a career in the Fine Arts.
Upon completion of this course, it is expected that students will have:
- Developed their creative capacities.
- Participated in at least one cultural or artistic activity, such as a visit to a gallery or museum or attendance at a community art lecture or event.
- Developed an appreciation for the arts.