I. Catalog Course Description
Offers a beginning course in watercolor painting with emphasis on materials and techniques which contribute to the production of quality works of art.
II: Course Objectives
Upon completion of the course the student will:
- Gain knowledge of composition, color, value, paint handling, and observational skills.
- Develop creativity, imagination and individual expression.
- Initiate the unfolding of a personal aesthetic.
III: Course Linkage
The mission of the AA Degree Program in Fine Arts is to provide knowledge and skills for creative expression, personal enrichment, and the foundation for a career in the Fine Arts.
Upon completion of this course, it is expected that students will have:
- Developed their creative capacities.
- Participated in at least one cultural or artistic activity, such as a visit to a gallery or museum or attendance at a community art lecture or event.
- Developed an appreciation for the arts.