I. Catalog Course Description
Practices drawing the human figure from nude models. Emphasizes the expressive potentialities of human figure, and the production of quality drawings. One hour lecture and four hours studio per week.
II: Course Objectives
- Gain an understanding of line, shape, value, volume, texture, composition, and expression as they relate to the human form.
- Learn to apply course material to improve idea-development and problem-solving related to two-dimensional and three-dimensional art forms.
- Acquire an interest in learning more by asking questions and seeking answers.
III: Course Linkage
The mission of the AA Degree Program in Fine Arts is to provide knowledge and skills for creative expression, personal enrichment, and the foundation for a career in the Fine Arts.
Upon completion of this course, it is expected that students will have:
- Developed their creative capacities.
- Participated in at least one cultural or artistic activity, such as a visit to a gallery or museum or attendance at a community art lecture or event.
- Developed an appreciation for the arts.
Scheduled ART-201 classes:
There are currently no ART-201 classes scheduled for this term.