I. Catalog Course Description
Offers a beginning studio course in ceramic construction and decoration. Lecture and laboratory methods are used to give special attention to the development of individual student's skills. Uses potter's wheels. One hour lecture and four hours studio per week.
II: Course Objectives
- Develop an understanding of the materials and process associated with ceramics.
- To encourage an environment of experimentation and imagination.
III: Course Linkage
The mission of the AA Degree Program in Fine Arts is to provide knowledge and skills for creative expression, personal enrichment, and the foundation for a career in the Fine Arts.
Upon completion of this course, it is expected that students will have:
- Developed their creative capacities.
- Participated in at least one cultural or artistic activity, such as a visit to a gallery or museum or attendance at a community art lecture or event.
- Developed an appreciation for the arts.