I. Catalog Course Description
Offers a beginning course in oil and/or acrylic painting. Introduces concepts and develops skills for the production of quality paintings. One hour lecture and four hours studio per week.
II: Course Objectives
- Gain knwledge of composition, color, value, paint handling, and observational skills.
- Develop creativity, imagination and individual expression.
- Initiate the unfolding of a personal aesthetic.
III: Course Linkage
The mission of the AA Degree Program in Fine Arts is to provide knowledge and skills for creative expression, personal enrichment, and the foundation for a career in the Fine Arts.
Upon completion of this course, it is expected that students will have:
- Developed their creative capacities.
- Participated in at least one cultural or artistic activity, such as a visit to a gallery or museum or attendance at a community art lecture or event.
- Developed an appreciation for the arts.