- Name: Plastic, Composites & Adhesives Practice
- Discipline: Automotive Auto Body
- Units (Credits): 1–6
- Transfer Information: (Courses with numbers 100 to 299) This course is designed to apply toward a WNC degree and/or transfer to other schools within the Nevada System of Higher Education, depending on the degree chosen and other courses completed. It may transfer to colleges and universities outside Nevada. For information about how this course can transfer and apply to your program of study, please contact a counselor.
- Academic Division: Career and Technical Education
- Prerequisites: AUTB 120, AUTB 200
I: Catalog Course Description
Further develops student skills by putting into practice the theories taught in AUTB 210. The emphasis will be geared to a more practical, hands-on experience through an in-depth study of the new plastics, composite panels and the adhesion process for them.
Note: Non-transferable for an NSHE baccalaureate degree. Non-applicable towards an AA, AB or AS Degree.
II: Course Objectives
Demonstrate practical knowledge of the adhesion process of plastics and composite panels.
III: Course Linkage
This course may be chosen as an elective in the Associate of Applied Science Automotive Mechanics Program.
The mission of the Associate of Applied Science degree in Automotive Mechanics is to provide the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in the current automotive environment.
This course addresses the following AAS degree student learning outcomes of ensuring that students:
- Know the subject matter appropriate to the emphasis of the degree.
- Acquire skills and perform tasks necessary for employment or career enhancement.
- Present themselves effectively to a potential employer.
- Demonstrate effective communication and computation skills appropriate to the chosen occupational field.
- Utilize appropriate resources to remain current in the chosen occupational field.
Scheduled AUTB-211 classes:
There are currently no AUTB-211 classes scheduled for this term.