- Name: Auto Air Conditioning and Heating
- Division: Career & Technical Education
- Discipline: Automotive Mechanics
- Units (Credits): 1.00 - 3.00
- Course Attributes:
- May not transfer towards an NSHE bachelor's degree
- Non-applicable toward AA, AB or AS Degrees
I. Catalog Course Description
Introduces principles design, construction and maintenance of automotive air conditioning systems. Includes safety, use of manuals, selection and use of hand tools, and hand-held test instruments, evacuating systems, charging/recovery systems and other specialized air conditioning tools. Introduces general maintenance of a variety of different air conditioning systems.
II: Course Objectives
Demonstrate fundamental skills and knowledge of auto air conditioning procedures for a variety of systems.
Demonstrate proficiency using the resources, tools, and diagnostic equipment necessary for repairing and maintaining auto air conditioning systems.
III: Course Linkage
This course fulfills a requirement in the Associate of Applied Science Automotive Mechanics Program.
The mission of the Associate of Applied Science degree in Automotive Mechanics is to provide the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in the current automotive environment.
This course addresses the following AAS degree student learning outcomes of ensuring that students:
- Know the subject matter appropriate to the emphasis of the degree.
- Acquire skills and perform tasks necessary for employment or career enhancement.
- Present themselves effectively to a potential employer.
- Demonstrate effective communication and computation skills appropriate to the chosen occupational field.
- Utilize appropriate resources to remain current in the chosen occupational field.