- Name: Automatic Transmissions & Transaxles I
- Division: Career & Technical Education
- Discipline: Automotive Mechanics
- Units (Credits): 3.00
- Course Attributes:
- May not transfer towards an NSHE bachelor's degree
- Non-applicable toward AA, AB or AS Degrees
I. Catalog Course Description
Introduces principles, design, construction and maintenance of automatic transmissions used in today's automobiles. Includes safety, use of manuals, selection and use of hand tools, and appropriate transmission test instruments. Introduces maintenance of a variety of different automatic transmissions.
II: Course Objectives
Demonstrate fundamental skills and knowledge of automatic transmissions applicable to a variety of systems.
Demonstrate proficiency using the resources, tools, and diagnostic equipment involved in repairing and maintaining automatic transmissi
III: Course Linkage
This course may be chosen as an elective in the Associate of Applied Science Automotive Mechanics Program.
The mission of the Associate of Applied Science degree in Automotive Mechanics is to provide the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in the current automotive environment.
This course addresses the following AAS degree student learning outcomes of ensuring that students:
- Know the subject matter appropriate to the emphasis of the degree.
- Acquire skills and perform tasks necessary for employment or career enhancement.
- Present themselves effectively to a potential employer.
- Demonstrate effective communication and computation skills appropriate to the chosen occupational field.
- Utilize appropriate resources to remain current in the chosen occupational field.
Scheduled AUTO-210 classes:
There are currently no AUTO-210 classes scheduled for this term.