- Name: Introduction to Business
- Division: Career & Technical Education
- Discipline: Business Admin And Management
- Units (Credits): 3.00
I. Catalog Course Description
Provides the student a broad background about the modern business world. An important course for students who are considering choosing a business major.
II: Course Objectives
This course provides the student with a broad background about the modern business world and is an important course for students who are considering choosing a business major.
Upon completion of the course students will:
- Have a basic understanding of the business environment.
- Develop a working knowledge of the various segments of business.
III: Course Linkage
This class meets a requirement of the following: AAS-Accounting Emphasis, AAS- Business Applied Accounting Emphasis, AAS- General Business Emphasis, AAS- Management Emphasis, AAS- Office Technology, AAS- Real Estate Emphasis and Business Certificate of Achievement.
BUS 101 promotes the Student Learning Outcomes of ensuring that students:
- Have college-level skills in reading, writing, and oral communication appropriate to their degree and/or emphasis.
- Have problem solving, creative, and critical thinking skills.
- Have effective and efficient learning skills, including the location and evaluation of information.
- Understand the importance of cultural traditions, diversity, and ethics in the modern world.