- Name: Business Letters and Reports
- Division: Career & Technical Education
- Discipline: Business Admin And Management
- Units (Credits): 3.00
I. Catalog Course Description
Develops letter and report writing skills including proper word choice, letter tone, and structure. Demonstrates how these skills are best used in business letters, memoranda, reports and other business documents.
II: Course Objectives
Develops letter and report writing skills including proper word choice, letter tone, and structure. Demonstrates how these skills are best used in business letters, memoranda, reports, and other business documents.
Upon completion of this course, students will know how to:
- Plan and complete written messages that express ideas in precise sentences.
- Prepare letters, memorandums, and business reports in proper format.
- Effectively construct grammatically correct sentences.
- Use primary and secondary sources of information effectively in the preparation of written business documents.
- Determine appropriate format and style for the targeted audience.
- Apply basic techniques for composing business messages that meet high standards of communication effectiveness.
III: Course Linkage
BUS 108–Business Letters and Reports–meets a General Education requirement of the following degrees: Associate of Applied Science, Associate of General Studies.
BUS 108 promotes the Student Learning Outcomes of ensuring that students:
- Have college-level skills in reading, writing, and oral communication appropriate to their degree and/or emphasis.
- Have problem solving, creative, and critical thinking skills.
- Have effective and efficient learning skills, including the location and evaluation of information.
- Understand the importance of cultural traditions, diversity, and ethics in the modern world.