- Name: Business Law I
- Division: Career & Technical Education
- Discipline: Business Admin And Management
- Units (Credits): 3.00
I. Catalog Course Description
Teaches the nature and sources of law. Studies the court systems and law as related to contracts, negotiable instruments, sales, insurance, and agencies.
II: Course Objectives
Teaches the nature and sources of law. A study of the court systems and law as related to contracts, negotiable instruments, sales, insurance, and agencies.
- Apply various rules and principles related to the sale of goods and commercial paper, as provided for in the Uniform Commercial Code.
- Recite basic legal procedures available to creditors, debtors, and consumers.
- Discuss principal, agent, and third-party relationships.
- Contrast the various forms of business organization.
III: Course Linkage
BUS 274 promotes the Student Learning Outcomes of ensuring that students:
- Have college-level skills in reading, writing, and oral communication appropriate to their degree and/or emphasis.
- Have problem solving, creative, and critical thinking skills.
- Have effective and efficient learning skills, including the location and evaluation of information.
- Understand the importance of cultural traditions, diversity, and ethics in the modern world.