Prepare for career entry or advancement in accounting, business, management and marketing. Students develop knowledge, skills and abilities to succeed in today’s dynamic business environment. WNC offers Associate of Applied Science degrees for direct entry into the business world or an Associate of Business degree that transfers to four-year institutions.
The purpose of the AAS Business degree is to provide the knowledge and skills necessary to be a successful manager.
Student Learning Outcomes:
Students will be able to:
- Articulate and demonstrate their personal employment related knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Evaluate the impact of various economic systems and policies.
- Summarize, record, analyze, interpret and communicate accounting and financial information for decision-making.
- Devise, implement and evaluate managerial decisions, actions and outcomes.
- Apply technology to aid in communications and decision-making.
- Present research, data, analysis and conclusions through written and oral means.
- Describe the changing landscape of the global market and its impact on the United States.
- Summarize the impact of social, ethical, legal and diversity issues within contemporary business.
- Develop business, financial and marketing plans for established and emerging businesses.