- Name: Solid Modeling and Parametric Design
- Division: Career & Technical Education
- Discipline: Computer Aided Drafting Design
- Units (Credits): 3.00
I. Catalog Course Description
Provides training and instruction in using parametric solid modeling software to create solid model parts, assemblies and working drawings.
II: Course Objectives
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an ability to utilize 3 dimensional drawing space.
- Demonstrate an ability to create a parametric base part.
- Demonstrate an ability to utilize work planes, points and axes.
- Demonstrate an ability to modify the base model to obtain the final definition.
- Demonstrate an ability to edit the model.
- Demonstrate an ability to manipulate the drawing in 3 dimensional space.
- Extract 2-Dimensional views from the model.
- Demonstrate an ability to assemble multiple parts into a parametric assembly.
III: Course Linkage
The mission of the Associate Applied Science in Drafting Technology is to provide employment-related knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in the current drafting environment.
This course addresses the following Associate of Applied Science Degree Student Learning Objectives of ensuring that students:
- Have knowledge of the subject matter to a level appropriate for the emphasis of their degree.
- Can acquire the skills and perform the tasks necessary for meaningful employment and career enhancement.
- Are able to present themselves effectively to a potential employer.
- Utilize effective communication and computation skills.
- Make use of all available resources in order to remain current in their chosen career field.
Scheduled CADD-245 classes:
There are currently no CADD-245 classes scheduled for this term.