- Name: Foundations Personal Health & Wellness
- Division: Career & Technical Education
- Discipline: Community Health Sciences
- Units (Credits): 3.00
I. Catalog Course Description
Covers the components and wellness and of lifelong tools that will help enhance wellness. health values, attitudes and behaviors of self and others. Students will be active in design and execution of personal fitness and wellness plans.
II: Course Objectives
This course will focus on decision-making skills. The lab exercises are to assess your fitness level at this point in your life. The supplemental assignment activities are to help reinforce and explore personal wellness information. Information will be presented through lecture and use of required text. Information when combined with personal lab experience, will blossom into knowledge that will allow you to take responsibility for your behaviors and develop individualized programs for lifelong fitness and wellness.
- Show you that becoming fit and well greatly improves quality of life
- Show you how you can become fit and well
- Motivate you to make healthy choices and to provide you tools for change
- Develop a plan to improve individual areas of health, fitness, and wellness
III: Course Linkage
This course fulfills the Student Learning Objectives of ensuring that students:
- Possess adequate problem solving, creative reasoning, and critical thinking skills.
- Utilize effective and efficient learning skills, including locating and evaluating sources of information.
- Have college level reading, writing, and oral communication skills.