- Name: Internship in Construction
- Division: Career & Technical Education
- Discipline: Construction
- Units (Credits): 1.00 - 8.00
- Course Attributes:
- May not transfer towards an NSHE bachelor's degree
- Non-applicable toward AA, AB or AS Degrees
I. Catalog Course Description
Prerequisites: CONS 216 and consent of instructor
Studies project management techniques on-site under the supervision of a project manager or superintendent and WNC instructor. In consultation with the student, based on the specific internship, instructor determines additional learning objectives in addition to standard course learning objectives. Includes interaction with the instructor on a weekly basis. Assignments are required.
II. Course Objectives and Linkage to Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, students will have demonstrated they can:
- Link academic theory to practice in your discipline (WNC SLO 1, 7)
- Demonstrated professional skills in the workplace (WNC SLO 1,7)
- Built and maintained positive professional relationships (WNC SLO 7)
- Students will learn the value of working well with co-workers (WNC SLO 7)
- Be able to identify a career path within the construction industry that aligns with their areas of expertise (WNC SLO 7)
Faculty member will help students establish learning outcomes specific to the individual internship.
Scheduled CONS-290 classes:
There are currently no CONS-290 classes scheduled for this term.