- Name: Advanced Internship in Construction
- Division: Career & Technical Education
- Discipline: Construction
- Units (Credits): 3.00
I. Catalog Course Description
Additional prerequisites: CONS 281 and consent of instructor.
Studies advanced project management techniques on-site under the supervision of a project manager or superintendent and instructor. In consultation with the student, based on the specific internship, instructor determines additional learning objectives in addition to standard course learning objectives. Includes interaction with the instructor on a weekly basis. Assignments are required.
II. Course Objectives and Linkage to Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this course, students will have demonstrated they can:
- Be able to identify different leadership skills and styles (WNC SLO 1, 6)
- Be able to assess and evaluate personal managerial strengths and weaknesses (WNC SLO 6, 7)
- Be able to demonstrate analytical decision-making skills (WNC SLO 6)
- Linked academic theory to practice in your discipline (WNC SLO 1, 7)
- Demonstrated professional skills in the workplace (WNC SLO 1,7)
- Built and maintained positive professional relationships (WNC SLO 7)
- Evaluate the construction process and what it takes to manage and complete a project (WNC SLO 1, 6, 7)
- Appraise the interaction different cultures in the construction management field (WNC SLO 5)
Faculty member will help students establish learning outcomes specific to the individual internship.
Scheduled CONS-451 classes:
There are currently no CONS-451 classes scheduled for this term.