- Name: Career Exploration
- Division: Career & Technical Education
- Discipline: Counseling & Personal Develop
- Units (Credits): 0.50 - 3.00
- Course Attributes:
- May not transfer towards an NSHE bachelor's degree
- Non-applicable toward AA, AB or AS Degrees
I. Catalog Course Description
Acquaints students in choosing a career suitable to them. Involves a systematic approach to making a career choice, covering self-assessment, decision making techniques, and current occupational information. Appropriate for those undecided as to a career direction or who wish more career information prior to focusing their academic studies.
II: Course Objectives
This course is designed to help students:
- Identify his/her interests values, skills, and abilities.
- Learn about the world of work and be able to research occupations, job outlook, salary, educational/experiential requirements, etc. from a variety of resources.
- Develop a job search plan including the development of a resume and cover letter, and interviewing techniques.
III: Course Linkage
The General Education Mission is to provide students with a core foundation of critical life skills with which to improve their lives. This course addresses the following Student Learning Objectives of the General Education Mission by ensuring that successful students:
- Are able to demonstrate college level reading, writing, and oral communication skills.
- Possess adequate problem solving, creative reasoning, and critical thinking skills.
- Can engage in meaningful self assessments and work effectively with others.
- Utilize effective and efficient learning skills, including locating and evaluating sources of information.
- Have knowledge of the subject matter to a level that is appropriate to the emphasis of their degree.
Scheduled CPD-102 classes:
There are currently no CPD-102 classes scheduled for this term.