- Name: Ccna Routing Protocols
- Division: Career & Technical Education
- Discipline: Cisco Technologies
- Units (Credits): 4.00
I. Catalog Course Description
Prerequisites: CSCO120 or consent of instructor
Covers the architecture, components, and operation of routers, and explains the principles of routing and routing protocols. Students analyze, configure, verify, and troubleshoot the primary routing protocols RIPv1, RIPv2, EIGRP, and OSPF.
II: Course Objectives
Offers the second course of a four-semester program on the principles and practices of designing, building and maintaining networks capable of supporting national and gloval organizations. The Networking Academy features hands-on, project-driven training in high demand job skills.
Students who successfully complete this course will have a better understanding of:
- Router interfaces, components, and configuration
- Internetworking Operating Systems (IOS) file management
- TCP/IP protocol suite
- Cisco Discovery Protocol (CDP)
- Distance vector routing protocols (RIP, IGRP)
- Access Control Lists (ACLs)
III: Course Linkage
This course supports the Netwroking Technology emphasis by providing up-to-date training in the management of information resources, including computer and networking operations, infrastructure, and information security and addresses the following Student Learning Objectives of the General Education Mission by ensuring that successful students:
- Are able to demonstrate college level reading, writing, and oral communication skills.
- Possess adequate problem solving, creative reasoning, and critical thinking skills.
- Can engage in meaningful self assessments and work effectively with others.
- Utilize effective and efficient learning skills, including locating and evaluating sources of information.
- Have knowledge of the subject matter to a level that is appropriate to the emphasis of their degree.
- Develop and improve their creative abilities.
- Appreciate the need for continuing education and lifelong learning.
- Demonstrate the competencies required to successfully pass information technology certification exams.