I. Catalog Course Description
Prerequisites: DAN144 or consent of instructor
Emphasizes intermediate techniques of tap dance. May be repeated for up to 4 credits.
II: Course Objectives
By the completion of the class, the students should, with 75% accuracy:
- Be able to perform more advanced techniques of warming up.
- Use advanced tap terminology.
- Perform more complex dance combinations with proper body positioning.
- Be able to choreograph dance routines using the tap idiom.
III: Course Linkage
This course addresses the following Student Learning Objectives of the General Education Mission by ensuring that successful students:
- Are able to demonstrate college level reading, writing, and oral communication skills.
- Possess adequate problem solving, creative reasoning, and critical thinking skills.
- Can engage in meaningful self assessments and work effectively with others.
- Utilize effective and efficient learning skills, including locating and evaluating sources of information.
- Have knowledge of the subject matter to a level that is appropriate to the emphasis of their degree.
- Develop and improve their creative abilities.
- Appreciate the need for continuing education and lifelong learning.
- Will succeed at transfer institutions.