- Name: Strategies for Academic Success
- Division: Career & Technical Education
- Discipline: Educational Psychology
- Units (Credits): 3.00
I. Catalog Course Description
Helps students to develop effective and efficient study skills. Students will learn how to learn.
II: Course Objectives
The successful student will demonstrate the ability to:
- Relate the major teaching/learning theories to information technology applications.
- Discuss issues/trends in educational computing
- Utilize hardware technology such as scanners, digital/video cameras, and CD media storage.
- Acquire the skills and knowledge to create an electronic portfolio
- Automate teacher tasks
III: Course Linkage
This course addresses the following Student Learning Objectives of the General Education Mission by ensuring that successful students:
- Are able to demonstrate college level reading, writing, and oral communication skills.
- Possess adequate problem solving, creative reasoning, and critical thinking skills.
- Can engage in meaningful self assessments and work effectively with others.
- Utilize effective and efficient learning skills, including locating and evaluating sources of information.
- Have knowledge of the subject matter to a level that is appropriate to the emphasis of their degree.
- Develop and improve their creative abilities.
- Appreciate the need for continuing education and lifelong learning.
- Will succeed at transfer institutions.