I. Catalog Course Description
Prerequisites: MATH126 or three units of high school mathematics at the level of algebra and above, or consent of instructor
Studies circular functions, trigonometric identities and equations, conic sections, complex numbers, and discrete algebra.
II. Course Objectives and Linkage to General Education Program
The information in the parentheses after a course objective refers to the specific general education (GE) learning outcome that the objective meets. Objectives without this information are not linked to WNC’s general education program.
Students who pass this course must demonstrate they can:
- solve right triangles and applications using trigonometric functions (GE3&6)
- graph trigonometric functions. (GE3)
- solve trigonometric identities and equations. (GE3)
- use the Laws of Sines and Cosines to solve triangles with applications. (GE3&6)
- compute vector sums and differences with applications. (GE3&6)
- use DeMoivre’s theorem to find powers and roots of complex numbers (GE3)
- graph polar equations (GE3)
Trigonometric functions and graphs, right triangle applications, trigonometric identities and equations, laws of sines and cosines, vectors, complex numbers, polar graphs.