I. Catalog Course Description
Prerequisites: MATH128,MATH126 & MATH127 or appropriate score on the WNC placement or equivalent exam
Offers fundamental concepts of analytical geometry and calculus, functions, graphs, limits, derivatives, and integrals.
II: Course Objectives
Course offers fundamental concepts of analytical geometry and calculus: functions, graphs, limits, derivatives, and integrals.
Upon completion of this course, successful students should be able to do the following:
- Evaluate limits.
- Differentiate sums, powers, quotients, products, trigonometric and inverse trigonometric functions, logarithmic and exponential functions, explicitly and implicitly.
- Apply differentiation to curve sketching.
- Solve related rates and optimization problems.
- Use Newton’s method to approximate the zeros of a function.
- Perform indefinite and definite integration of algebraic, trigonometric, exponential and logarithmic functions with the substitution method.
- Find the area under a curve.
- Solve growth and decay problems.