- Name: Changing Environments
- Division: Career & Technical Education
- Discipline: Management Science
- Units (Credits): 3.00
I. Catalog Course Description
Focuses on managing ethically in the changing cultural, economic, political, technological and global environments of business.
II: Course Objectives
Upon successful completion of this course, the student should/should be able to:
- Understand the responsibility regarding ethical behavior at work.
- Discuss how today’s companies are addressing business ethics.
- Understand the differences among ethics, integrity, values, and social responsibility.
- Describe methods of determining ethical stands and resolving ethical dilemmas.
- Discuss business ethics as a dimension of social responsibility.
- Understand the role of corporate governance in ethical behavior as a dimension of ethical decision making.
- Understand the roles of culture and multinational corporations in business ethics.
- Gain awareness of a number of ethical issues around the globe.
- Identify ethical issues facing businesses today, including issues associated with honesty and fairness, conflicts of interest, fraud, discrimination, and information technology.
III: Course Linkage
MGT 462–Changing Environments–meets a requirement of the BTech Program.
MGT 462 promotes the following Student Learning Objectives of ensuring that students:
- Have college-level skills in reading, writing, and oral communication that are at a level appropriate to their degree and/or emphasis.
- Develop solid problem solving, creative reasoning, and critical thinking skills.
- Posses effective and efficient learning skills, including locating and evaluating sources of information.
- Understand the importance of cultural traditions, diversity, and ethics in the modern world.
Scheduled MGT-462 classes:
There are currently no MGT-462 classes scheduled for this term.