I. Catalog Course Description
Prerequisites: intermediate proficiency on a band instrument
Introduces study and performance of jazz ensemble literature. May be repeated for up to 4 credits.
II. Course Objectives and Linkage to General Education Program
The information in the parentheses after a course objective refers to the specific general education (GE) learning outcome that the objective meets. Objectives without this information are not linked to WNC’s general education program.
By the completion of the class, the students should, with an accuracy of 75%:
- Demonstrate professional ethics and conduct through prompt and accurate preparation of assigned repertoire and adherence to attendance policy.
- Discuss appropriate techniques for interacting within a small jazz group.
- Improvise by memory over chord changes (GE 1)
- Perform instrumental repertoire from jazz, rock, blues and the American Songbook. (GE 1)
- Demonstrate expressive competency of articulation, phrasing and pacing. (GE 1)
Scheduled MUSE-131 classes:
There are currently no MUSE-131 classes scheduled for this term.