- Name: Survey of State & Local Government
- Discipline: Political Science
- Units (Credits): 3
- Transfer Information: (Courses with numbers 100 to 299) This course is designed to apply toward a WNC degree and/or transfer to other schools within the Nevada System of Higher Education, depending on the degree chosen and other courses completed. It may transfer to colleges and universities outside Nevada. For information about how this course can transfer and apply to your program of study, please contact a counselor.
- Academic Division: Liberal Arts
- Recommended Prerequisites: Completion or corequisite of ENG 101 or eligibility to enroll in ENG 101.
I: Catalog Course Description
Surveys the the organization, working principles and functional processes of state and local governments in the United States, including Nevada. Satisfies the Nevada Constitution requirement.
II: Course Objectives
- Gain factual knowledge about state and local governments in the U.S.
- Learn fundamental principles, generalizations, and theories about the processes of state and local governments in the U.S.
- Acquire an interest in learning more by asking questions and seeking answers.
III: Course Linkage
Students who complete this course are expected to demonstrate they:
- Have college-level skills in reading, writing and oral communication to a level that is appropriate for their degree and/or emphasis.
- Can utilize problem solving, creative reasoning, and critical thinking skills.
- Know the basic operating principles and processes of government at the local, state, national and international levels.
- Understand and apply the principles of social science, including participation in civic affairs.
Scheduled PSC-208 classes:
There are currently no PSC-208 classes scheduled for this term.