- Name: Internship in Welding
- Division: Career & Technical Education
- Discipline: Welding
- Units (Credits): 1.00 - 8.00
- Course Attributes:
- May not transfer towards an NSHE bachelor's degree
- Non-applicable toward AA, AB or AS Degrees
I. Catalog Course Description
Prerequisites: consent of instructor
Provides the student with on-the-job, supervised and educationally directed work experience.
II: Course Objectives
Encourage career exploration.
Increase employability and earning power.
Increase potential for job advancement.
Relate education to real life.
III: Course Linkage
This course may be chosen to fulfill a degree requirement for the Welding Technology Associate of Applied Science Degree.
The mission of the Associate of Applied Science Degree in Welding Technology is to provide employment-related knowledge and the skills necessary to succeed in a chosen field of study.
This course addresses the following AAS degree Student Learning Objectives in which the successful student will be able to demonstrate that they:
- Have knowledge of the subject matter to a level appropriate for the welding industry.
- Possess the essential skill necessary for performing tasks within the welding industry.
- Can effectively present themselves to a potential employer.
- Make proficient use of communications and computational skills to a level appropriate to the welding industry.
- Effectively utilize available resources in order to remain current with the evolving standards of the welding industry.
- Are able to maintain an appropriate work attitude, a willingness to learn, a desire to accept and benefit from evaluations, and strive for a high level of enthusiasm, commitment, and pride in their work.
Scheduled WELD-290 classes:
There are currently no WELD-290 classes scheduled for this term.