Skip to Main Content

Admissions & Records Forms

Please mail or hand-deliver completed forms to:

Admissions and Records
Western Nevada College
Bristlecone Building 101
2201 West College Parkway
Carson City, NV 89703

Or, Fax completed forms to:



Challenge Examination Request (PDF)

Students who believe they have accumulated extensive knowledge of the content of a course outside of formal classroom instruction may request to challenge a course for credit, subject to instructor and Director of Admissions and Records approval. Refer to form for challenge examination policies and instructions.

Degree Program Change Form (Online Form/Website)

This form is for students to officially declare change of majors for degree or certificate programs, or to change to degree/certificate seeking to non-degree/certificate seeking or vise versa.

Repeat Adjustment (PDF)

Students may petition to repeat up to 12 credits with an adjustment to the previous grade(s).


Admission Semester Change Request (PDF)

This form is for students who wish to attend a semester that is earlier than what the student originally requested on their application for admission. Only students with an active WNC account should submit this form.

Application for Admission to the BAS Program (PDF)

To be accepted into the Bachelor of Applied Science - Construction Management program, a student must complete a minimum of 30 college semester units with a minimum 2.0 GPA, including at least 12 units in degree applicable construction courses and 12 units in degree applicable general education courses, including English 101 with a grade of C or better. Additional information my be found on the application.

Students are encouraged to declare an Associate of Applied Science in Technology - Construction until they meet the requirements for admission into the BAS Construction program.


Academic Renewal (PDF)

Students who met eligibility requirements may petition to have an entire semester of course work disregarded in all calculations regarding academic standing and grade point average.

Excess Credit Fee Appeal Form (PDF)

For students who have accrued attempted credits equal to 150 percent of the credits required for the student's course of study and who wish to appeal the NSHE Excess Credit Fee. Students must be registered in all classes for the applicable semester before submitting this form.

Non-Traditional Credit Exception Request (PDF)

This form is to request an exception to a WNC policy for non-traditional credit.


Former Nevada Foster Youth Request for Waiver of Registration Fees (PDF)

Students who were in Nevada Foster Care at the age of 14 or over and are currently under the age of 26 may be eligible for a waiver of registration fees.


Application for Graduation (Online Form/Website)

The deadlines for filing for graduation are: November 1 for fall semester, March 1 for spring semester, and June 15 for summer semester.

Diploma Reprint Request (Online Form/Website)


Personal Identification Change (PDF)

To update personal identification data.

Preferred Name Change Request (PDF)

For students who wish to request a preferred first name that will be displayed in the MyWNC student center and class rosters.

Request for Non-Disclosure of Directory Information / Privacy Policy (PDF)

Directory information about current and former students may be provided to individuals outside of WNC at the discretion of the institution. This form is for individuals who wish to restrict access to their directory information.

Waiver to Release Records (PDF)

Use the form to authorize an individual WNC staff member or department to disclose information about your WNC educational record to another individual or agency. Students should designate Admissions and Records, Financial Aid, the Business Office, and/or Counseling Services to disclose information in myWNC under "Manage Third Party Release" in the Student Center.


Refund and Class Deletion Request Due to Exceptional Circumstances (PDF)

Submit this application if you would like to request an exception to WNC's refund policy. Refer to the form for possible exceptions.


Enrollment Request (Special Circumstances) (PDF)

This form is for enrollment under special circumstances, such as extended periods of technical difficulties that prevent self-service registration.

Even Exchange Enrollment Request (PDF)

For students who want to drop and add full-term classes during the second week of the semester. Course units to add must be equal to or greater than course units to drop. Instructor approval is required for course(s) to add. Dropped classes approved for even exchange will be removed from a student transcript.

High School Authorization Form (PDF)

This form is required for students currently in high school student who wish to register for WNC courses. It must be signed by a designated high school official every semester before you a high school student can enroll at WNC. New students need to submit an Application for Admission along with a High School Authorization Form. Students applying for the Jump Start program must submit a Jump Start application in lieu of a High School Authorization Form.

Late Registration Enrollment Request (PDF)

For enrollment or reinstatement in full-term classes after the first week of the semester or for enrollment in short-term classes after the class begins. Instructor approval required.

Time Conflict Request (PDF)

This form is used to request permission from instructors and division chairs to enroll in a class that has a time conflict with another class.


Residency Application (PDF)

To apply for Nevada residency classification for tuition purposes.

Veterans, Spouses and Dependents: Information Request Form for Determination of Tuition Charges (PDF)

For Veterans and their families to request an adjustment of tuition charges for those who are classified as out of state for tuition purposes.

WUE Application (PDF)

Through the Western Undergraduate Exchange, (WUE), students who have lived as bona fide residents for at least 12 months in an eligible western state may apply for WUE status. Approved WUE students pay 150 percent of the college's regular resident tuition. Only students who have not yet matriculated to WNC may apply.

Transfer Credit

Petition for Foreign Transfer Credit Evaluation (PDF)

For evaluation of transfer credit from a foreign college or other institution.

Petition for Transfer Credit Evaluation (Online Form/Website)

This form is a to request transfer credit to be entered into a student's records and to determine how transfer credits apply towards a degree or certificate of achievement.