The Associated Students of Western Nevada, WNC’s student government group, is planning a number of activities during the first week of school, Monday, Aug. 28 through Thursday, Aug. 31, to help students familiarize themselves with the campus, make new friends and add some fun to the first week of classes.
Here is the breakdown of what is going on Aug. 28-31 on the Carson City campus:
WELCOME BACK WEEK EVENTS
- Monday, Aug. 28, 8 a.m. — Do-Nut Get Lost — Free donuts and coffee in the Bristlecone Building study hall, Cedar Building second floor and the Dini Student Center lobby.
- Monday, Aug. 28, 2 p.m. – 4 p.m. — Super Cheesy — Free pizza, drinks and activities in the Joe Dini Student Center.
- Tuesday, Aug. 29, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. — Smash Soccer — “Bubble” your fun with a game of soccer at John L. Harvey Field. Snacks and water will be provided.
- Wednesday, Aug. 30, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.: — BBQ and Bouncing — Enjoy a barbecue lunch, music and a bounce house in front of the Joe Dini Building. There will also be an opportunity to join clubs and learn about college resources.
- Thursday, Aug. 31, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.: — Sing into the New Semester — Karaoke is from 9 to 11:30 a.m. in the Dini Student Center game room, sketch artist from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Rotary Plaza and henna tattoo artist from 2 to 4 p.m. in the Dini Student Center lounge.