Western Nevada College student body president Gabrielle Clark has been selected as the recipient of the Sam Lieberman Regents’ Award for Student Scholarship winner.
The “Sam Lieberman Regents’ Award for Student Scholarship” winners for 2021 were announced by the Nevada System of Higher Education Board of Regents on March 4, honoring nine students for their academic achievements, leadership ability and service contributions throughout the state.
Formerly known as the Regents’ Scholar Award, the award was renamed for Regent Sam Lieberman who passed away in 2020, in commemoration of his service and dedication to public higher education in Nevada.
Clark has been serving as WNC’s Associated Students of Western Nevada president since the 2020 spring semester.
Each recipient will receive a $5,000 stipend funded by the Nevada System of Higher Education administration.
“These nine students represent some of our best and brightest students in Nevada public higher education and I’m proud of their accomplishments,” Regents’ Chair Mark Doubrava said.
The honorees include:
- Adrian Edward Bell, College of Southern Nevada
- Kendall Martin, Great Basin College
- Tanya Smith, Nevada State College
- Imelda Gonzalez Ojeda, Truckee Meadows Community College
- Cindy Kha, Graduate Student, University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- Michael Schwob, Undergraduate Student, University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- Jena Casas, Graduate Student, University of Nevada, Reno
- Jayde Powell, Undergraduate Student, University of Nevada, Reno
- Gabrielle Clark, Western Nevada College