WNC offers a variety of counseling services as an integral part of each student’s educational experience, including the following:
- Assist students in developing educational plans for certificate of achievement and degree programs
- Monitor students’ academic progress each semester by determining classes completed verses classes needed for program completion
- Link to career resources such as Career Finder
- Provide information about transferring to other colleges
- Assist with personal counseling and resources
- Explain college policies and procedures
- Review Financial Aid Appeal Form and Academic Plan
- Review Excess Credit Fee Appeal Form
- Assist with completion of Veterans Data Form (required each semester)
- Encourage and support goal fulfillment
All first-time degree and certificate seeking students should attend orientation. The purpose of the new student orientation program is to help students make a successful transition to the college environment. This program promotes academic excellence and social interaction.
Orientation also provides pertinent information related to academic expectations and campus resources and services. New student orientation is designed to promote the completion of educational goals and student success.
Please contact Counseling for more information about orientation.