Skip to Main Content

Transfer Information

The Center assists students who plan to continue their education at a four-year university. A variety of services make transfer from WNC to a four-year university as easy and efficient as possible. College catalogs from most U.S. colleges are available.

For assistance on transfer, contact Counseling Services at 775-445-3267.

UNR Transfer Agreements

UNR: Transfer Agreements (Website)

Great Basin College Transfer Agreements

GBC: Transfer Agreements (Website)

Grand Canyon University

Grand Canyon University and WNC have establish a partnership for students wishing to pursue a bachelor's degree from GCU. Most associate degrees at WNC transfer to GCU,allowing WNC degrees to combine with GCU's baccalaureate degrees. For further information see a WNC Counselor.

Lake Tahoe Community College

Transfer Agreements (Online Form/Website)

Online Programs

NOTE: This information is provided as a service. WNC may not have transfer agreements with the institutions listed on these sites. Please see a counselor to discuss your transfer options.

Search for Education Degree Programs (Online Form/Website)

Search for Online Graduate Programs (Online Form/Website)

Search for Online Masters Programs (Online Form/Website)

Sierra Nevada College

Transfer Agreement (PDF)


Please see a WNC Counselor for information.

Western Governors University

Western Governors University and WNC have established a partnership for students wishing to pursue a bachelors degree from WGU. WNC graduates receive the following benefits when transferring to WGU:

  • Application fee of $65 is waived
  • 5% discount on tuition
  • Eligible to apply for their community college excellence grant

For more information, go to: Western Governors University page