- Name: Mechatronics 2: Process Control Technologies
- Division: Professional & Applied Technology
- Discipline: Applied Industrial Technology
- Units (Credits): 3.00
- Course Attributes:
- May not transfer towards an NSHE bachelor's degree
- Non-applicable toward AA, AB or AS Degrees
I. Catalog Course Description
Prerequisites: AIT 253
Covers content specifically outlined by the Siemens Mechatronic Systems Certification Program (SMSCP) exam objectives and is part of a six-course series to prepare students for the SMSCP Level 2 industry credential exam. Topics include closed loop and other technologies used in process control in the context of a complex mechatronic system are included. Students will understand and establish operating parameters as PID controllers are introduced and explored, along with strategies for optimizing them. Troubleshooting strategies for a variety of industry controllers and their applications are embedded throughout the course.
Scheduled AIT-270 classes:
There are currently no AIT-270 classes scheduled for this term.