- Name: Mechatronics 2: Motor Control
- Division: Professional & Applied Technology
- Discipline: Applied Industrial Technology
- Units (Credits): 3.00
- Course Attributes:
- May not transfer towards an NSHE bachelor's degree
- Non-applicable toward AA, AB or AS Degrees
I. Catalog Course Description
Prerequisites: AIT 253
Covers general machine operation, different types of braking and loads on a motor, and motor efficiency and power. Different control techniques are introduced, including different methods of starting a motor, controlling voltage and frequency, and the role of different sensors in relation to motor operation. Troubleshooting techniques and an examination of the various causes of motor failure are explored; preventive measures to protect motors are also introduced.
Scheduled AIT-273 classes:
Loading class infomation...
Contents are loading