- Name: Automotive Refinishing I
- Division: Professional & Applied Technology
- Discipline: Automotive Autobody
- Units (Credits): 3.00
- Course Attributes:
- May not transfer towards an NSHE bachelor's degree
- Non-applicable toward AA, AB or AS Degrees
I. Catalog Course Description
Provides fundamental instruction of hands-on skill and knowledge in the painting and refinishing, including metal preparation, sanding techniques, masking and priming.
II: Course Objectives
Demonstrate practical knowledge of automotive painting and refinishing.
Demonstrate proficiency in steps and techniques involved in the painting and refinishing process.
III: Course Linkage
This course may be chosen as an elective in the Associate of Applied Science Automotive Mechanics Program.
The mission of the Associate of Applied Science degree in Automotive Mechanics is to provide the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in the current automotive environment.
This course addresses the following AAS degree student learning outcomes of ensuring that students:
- Know the subject matter appropriate to the emphasis of the degree.
- Acquire skills and perform tasks necessary for employment or career enhancement.
- Present themselves effectively to a potential employer.
- Demonstrate effective communication and computation skills appropriate to the chosen occupational field.
- Utilize appropriate resources to remain current in the chosen occupational field.
Scheduled AUTB-200 classes:
There are currently no AUTB-200 classes scheduled for this term.