- Name: Advanced Auto Electronics
- Division: Professional & Applied Technology
- Discipline: Automotive Mechanics
- Units (Credits): 4.00
- Course Attributes:
- May not transfer towards an NSHE bachelor's degree
- Non-applicable toward AA, AB or AS Degrees
I. Catalog Course Description
Advanced AC and DC automotive electronic circuits. Troubleshooting electronically controlled components including supplemental restraint systems and convenience accessories. Prepares students for ASE certification.
II: Course Objectives
Further explores automotive electricity theory, principles and maintenance.
Presents safety, use of manuals, hand tools, and hand held test instruments.
Introduce testing and servicing of automotive electronic components
III: Course Linkage
This is a required course in the Associate of Applied Science Automotive Mechanics Program and the Automotive Mechanics Certificate of Achievement.
The mission of the Associate of Applied Science degree in Automotive Mechanics is to provide the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in the current automotive environment.
This course addresses the following AAS degree student learning outcomes of ensuring that students:
- Know the subject matter appropriate to the emphasis of the degree.
- Acquire skills and perform tasks necessary for employment or career enhancement.
- Present themselves effectively to a potential employer.
- Demonstrate effective communication and computation skills appropriate to the chosen occupational field.
- Utilize appropriate resources to remain current in the chosen occupational field.
Scheduled AUTO-117 classes:
There are currently no AUTO-117 classes scheduled for this term.